(NQF Level 1 – US 14666)
This course is for any learner who needs to prepare for the world of work in terms of career opportunities and to find employment.
A learner will cover the following topics:
- Explore work opportunities in the formal and informal sectors of the economy.
- Identify opportunities for own employment.
- Select an appropriate training programme to access chosen employment.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply for employment.
The course consists of the following lessons:
- Lesson 1 – I need a job
- Lesson 2 – Where to look?
- Lesson 3 – Deciding on a career
- Lesson 4 – What is a good fit for me?
- Lesson 5 – How do I prepare for the job
- Lesson 6 – What training do I need and where can I get it?
- Lesson 7 – My Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Lesson 8 – Prepare for the interview