(NQF Level 1 – US 14656)
This course is for any learner who needs to demonstrate an understanding of sexuality and sexually transmitted infections (STIs), including HIV/AIDS, and the impact of these infections on oneself, as well as in the workplace and society. It is also aimed at encouraging a healthy lifestyle.
A learner will cover the following topics:
- Demonstrate an understanding of sexuality.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the nature, transmission and prevention of sexually transmitted infections including HIV/AIDS.
- Describe means to cope and deal with sexually transmitted infections including HIV/AIDS.
- Describe human rights of individuals living with HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted infections.
The course consists of the following lessons:
- Lesson 1 – What are STI’s?
- Lesson 2 – How are STI’s spread?
- Lesson 3 – How can STI’s be prevented?
- Lesson 4 – VCT and support for those infected and affected
- Lesson 5 – How can STI’s and HIV/AIDS be treated?
- Lesson 6 – Human rights and HIV/AIDS and STI’s